I liked your link DA, sounds as if 'great minds think alike.'
Re: the comments over on Origins 'Dawkins..dellusional.'
-whoops, thought i was on a different thread....

Religion is based on a different kind of knowlege, I think.
So that makes comparing the two very difficult -as we've seen on this forum. As DA said, -two different languages-
to say the least, if not two different realms.
Thanks,
~Samwik

P.S. I find it hard to see science attacked by religion and not feel like attacking back; but I try....
~S

Some of the comments from the article sounded familiar, such as:

**Catholicism's Christoph Cardinal Sch?nborn has dubbed the most fervent of faith-challenging scientists followers of "scientism" or "evolutionism," since they hope science, beyond being a measure, can replace religion as a worldview and a touchstone.
But a growing proportion of the profession is experiencing what one major researcher calls "unprecedented outrage" at perceived insults to research and rationality, ranging from the alleged influence of the Christian right on Bush administration science policy, to the fanatic faith of the 9/11 terrorists, to intelligent design's ongoing claims. Some are radicalized enough to publicly pick an ancient scab -- the idea that science and religion, far from being complementary responses to the unknown, are at utter odds.
Finding a spokesman for this side of the question was not hard, since Richard Dawkins, perhaps its foremost polemicist, has just come out with "The God Delusion" (Houghton Mifflin), the rare volume whose position is so clear it forgoes a subtitle.
...and an argument in which one party stands immovable on Scripture and the other immobile on the periodic table doesn't get anyone very far.
We want debates about issues like stem cells without conceding that the positions are so intrinsically inimical as to make discussion fruitless.
Francis Collins & Richard Dawkins
His summer best seller, "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief" (Free Press), laid out some of the arguments he brought to bear in the 90-minute debate Time arranged between Dawkins and Collins in our offices at the Time & Life Building on September 30. Some excerpts from their spirited exchange are featured in this week's Time cover story.

I just was listening to something on C-span with Francis Collins. He referred to a 19th c. playwright who said something like:

It was something like those who possess the truth are proud and vain. Those that are seeking the truth show real character.

~samwik smile

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.