rusty,

it wasn't my concern to deal with his strongest point

i simply wanted to deal with the point i made above

his philosophy: *intolerance is wrong*

is a joke

intolerance is wrong from religious people but it is perfectly alright for atheists to be intolerant of religionists :-)

the statement itself is an absolute statement: intolerance is wrong

it is also an intolerant statement...to be intolerant of intolerance is no less intolerant :-)

it's self-refuting...and immediately so at that

the same is true of the *all truth is relative*/*there are no absolutes* philosophy

they are both absolute truth statements

again, immediately self-refuting

whence came dawkins (or anyone else's) authority to make absolute statements about what is true and what is false or what is right and what is wrong...or even about things relative or absolute

his statements in and of themselves are intolerant, absolute, and posed as absolute truths that we should all accept (or suffer his not so stinging wrath :-)

that said, i will try to step back into this at some later point with a rebuttal to his *strongest* point

my original post that you quoted above was supposed to be a quick response to show how illogical his *logic* is from a foundational perspective

my q for anyone is: are these philosophies (that sound so good and are so ubiquitously prevalent) sound or reasonable or logical

is the argument against intolerance tolerable

is the argument for all truth being relative true...or not

is the argument against absolutes or absolute truth true...or false

dawkins own intolerance and absolute truth statements are diametrically opposed to his own claims