ive had a theory, with little if any evidence of it, that ive had on my mind for some time. Unfortunately, i havent the slightest idea how to test it.

perhaps someone here can give me some idea.

there is strong evidence that the earths magnetic field switches every so many thousand years. there is also evidence that its starting to change now. unfortuntely, there has been no real study, that i can find linking it to anything going on today.

The program on tv warned that one of the problems with the change is that during the time the field is gone, the radiation from the sun can reach the surface of the earth, and this radiation can cause cancer. im wondering since there is evidence that cancer is on the increase, if the van allen belt (which normally deflects the radiation away from us) has been sufficently weaken in some areas to allow an increase in the radiation to seep through, causing the increase in cancer.

the thing that brought this idea to mind is that there is an area in the south pacific where the magnitic field has already reverse, and two parts of that area that is acting like poles, albet not nearly as strong as the real one.

imagine if there is a flux pole near a major city. It would disrupt the van allen belt allowing the radiation to reach the surface when that area is pointed towards the sun, causing cancer to increase in that area.

can someone point to evidence that would refute this or give me some idea of how it might be possible to test it?

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.