OK.

I offer you a hypothetical based on others theory that gravity can cause light spectrum to move to the red end. You say there is no proof.

The light that is measured from distant stars is leaning to the red part of the spectrum as we see it here at earth. That light must make its way through the Suns gravitational field and if you will pay attention, you will be compelled to give consideration to the fact that my statement is correct when considered only on the basis of the red shift. THE LIGHT IS RED SHIFTED.

The next issue is which prospect is a better discription of what is taking place. Is it due to a "doppler" effect or a gravitational effect, that we see light to be red shifted here at Earth?

DEH, You say:
"in this instance, you claim that gravity should have a major effect that is reverse of the known effects of gravity. The facts that are known show that the effect is not there"

Can you see now how far removed from logic that contention is. There is NO question that the light is red shifted. The issue is the cause.

I normally enjoy exchanging viewpoints with people but you tend to make it laborious.
jjw