I have had several careers and expect to have at least one more before I stop turning oxygen into carbon dioxide.

In each and every case I was successful and have no doubt I could land on my feet just about anywhere doing just about anything. Provided the skill required was mental rather than physical.

At this point I am very close to the top of my profession. I am recognized internationally as an expert in my field and am in the process of writing a book for a name publisher. But I can't tell you that I expect to be doing this in two years or five years but most definitely won't be doing it in ten.

With respect to formal education ... quite frankly I don't have a lot of respect for it in some contexts. Some of the most respected and talented people on this planet are dropouts. But one must also acknowledge that they are the exceptions not the rules. And anyone contemplating being the next Bill Gates is likely in for a life of asking "do you want fries with that."

What does impress me, and often does come with formal education, is the ability to use one's brain for more than keeping track of Paris Hilton's latest imbecility or who won the sixth game of the 1995 world series. Unfortunately though these seem to be what most amuses those unfortunates who share this planet with me.

If I had my life to do over again, yes I've made a couple, well three to be exact, world class stupid acts and I'd probably not do them again ... though likely I'd get the opportunity to do other equally stupid things as they are also known as learning experiences. But career wise ... I am mentally challenged and that is precisely where I want to be.

DA Morgan