thank you, Amaranth Rose, that is what im trying for. ive read much of the trash that jjw004, refers to, and have no interest of making more. some of my favorite books make references to real life science. an example is one that refers to several land marks on the moon. if you look at a map of the moon while reading the book, you can trace the path of the hero as he travel it.

Ray Bradbury is another that i love, he always based his stories on as much science as we know. i can think of not one of his stories that were the "spaced based western shoot-em-up" variety. While Heinlans books did occasionally have shooting (one i remember occured during ww 2), the shooting is usually in the background, with little of it having anything to do with what is going on.

my favorite series is Ann McCaffe (please forgive me if i tortured the spelling) tower series, which has almost no fighting going on.

another favorite is the Pern series. if there was ever a war or a shootemup there, they were not recorded. all of these share a main point. if they tell you there is a star in a certain point in space, you can look the star up in the sky or in the star map we have. If they tell you that a certain chemical reaction will produce a certain result, and if its something within our own science, then you can go out and duplicate the reaction.

the problem is that i dont know enough to find where this proof would be found. can anyone make any suggestions.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.