It's a serious issue and diversions into name-calling and what not are an easy distraction from the uncomfortable powerlessness we have in regards to people who are out of control. It's a lot easier to lock them up then deal with them. The same goes for people who suffer from mental illnesses. Lock them up and keep them away from us because they are completely unpredictable.
But, they are upredictable unto themselves as well, so isolating them is cruel to the humanity that dwells within them as well.
Instead of throwing them off the edge of the Earth...these are the people who need extraodinary levels of attention, education, and connection to humanity. Not to mention assistance in adhearing to medication regiment.

It's a heavy topic and thanks Blacknad for the distraction into lightheartedness...it's a burden to even ponder let alone discuss.

I read a book over the summer and I just hated the author for taking me into the mind of a psycho. The cover looked so tranquil and it was too well written to put down. It can be a sick and twisted reality for these pitiful people....but even the issue of psychopaths is just a distraction from the real deal...the common criminal who is just an average human thrust into incredibly stressful environments....growing up in families and neighborhoods where there is no where to have a simple live devoid of the influence of guns, drugs, alcohol, and abuse...no easy way out...these are the people who ride the cycle until they find themselves in jails, crack houses, whore houses, institutions, or dead...and they're really not different from you or me. (We are the lucky) Life on this Earth is not fair.
We have a lot of work to do to make it a better place to co-exist.

~Justine~