Robert Miller asks:

"I picked up the newspaper today -and read 4 separate articles on how animal-rights protestors are harassing scientists and stopping them from completing important research. The worst part is how these people terrorise scientists during thier evrey-day life with vandalism and violence. What can we do?"

What we need is a dictator that will have the guts and the power to do the right thing and a sword hanging over his head to drop him/her as soon as the power is abused. History shows that in most cases Dictators get more done, for this I include Pharaoh's and kings. Eventually they do badly and that too is confirmed by history.

We live in a democracy that will never get much done of note. Our best days appear to be behind us. Life here is evolving in very unfortunate ways, with more crime, more greed, more payoffs to politicians that care little about the voter and an influx of legal and illegal immagrints that are intent on turning this country into a semblence of their own country, which was criminally degrading, and which was why they left it.

This may sound depressing to some of you and no doubt there are some that will challenge it. Birth control is a joke when you have chinese comming here for the very reason they want to escape Chinese law limiting families to one child. Mexicans, legal and not, race here to spawn large broods. The church advocates unthethered birth rates. The social system pays people for having children when unable to afford them on their own. Un-married mothers and abandoned mothers are far more numerious than ever before and it is running un-checked, except for providng them with welfare for being sexually uninhibited and out of control.

So, Robert Miller, there is not a darn thing "we" can do about it and there is nothing that is going to be done about it by any person or group of persons in this country. We tried to raise a lot of people to the solid values our country was founded on and instead the sob-sisters managed to lower our values to those of the Earths castaways.
I hope the rest of you see some thing good in what is going on here; all I see is bad news.

Basically, in general, I am an optomist!!
jjw