Rob:

I watch the imploding of buildings at times because I see it as a demonstration of science in action.

As to our accepting violence, as you put it, requires an historical discussion that goes beyound my interest in the subject. Religion played some part just as fear of the darkness did along with the "good and the bad" of life. The cowboy in the white hat shot the bad guys in the black hat, but only after the bad guys did something really bad, or were about to.

Hollywood types have enlarged on this theme to created blood letting for the fun of it and no good guy, no quality ideal image, to demonstrate the moral of good over evil.

When 90 % of what is offered is crap people will accept it. The worst pictures still make just enough money world wide to keep them doin' it. If you wait for just funny movies with no cuss words you will stay at home a lot. In that event you will have close to 100% crap to watch on your TV, all writers that have a four letter word vocabulary, that is all they know. I would like to watch some violence administered to them.
Cheers,
jjw