I never took the GRE for real. I was intending to take it and took one real test to practice for it. I gave myself the correct time allotment (but finished early) and other restrictions (no calculator or book), but I took it in a coffeeshop. I got 780 verbal and 790 math. The math was not surprising, as I got 750 on the SAT math and I've never scored less than the 99+ percentile on any standardized math test (at least not since the fourth grade). The verbal was a little curious. I think I got a 580 on the SAT verbal. As I didn't practice for the GRE (that test WAS the practice), I can only think of two things that I've done:

1) in my youth, I primarily read only science and sf, but since I graduated HS, about 30% of my reading is now classics. MANY of those GRE like words are to be found in classics.
2) I started posting regularly on the net about 1980 and have had an extraordinary practice at writing since that time.

I know that some IQ orgs accept (or at least used to accept) surrogate tests in place of IQ tests. OTOH, many of the people I know in these kinds of organizations irritate me. My opinion has softened over the years. It used to be that every single person I knew who belonged to a hi iq organization was a complete idiot. But I've met a large number since then who were really very smart - so I don't suspect, as I once did, that there is an inverse relation between IQ and intelligence.

I've never had an IQ test that I can recall. I don't have any real interest in taking one. I took the mega for fun, though I did not finish it. I solved all of the verbals, all but one of the pattern matching, most of the algebra stuff. I think that based just on the ones I solved, I could estimate about 160. (I never had the test graded, but these are the kinds of things that you just know when you're right.) I suspect that's high, though I'd guess I would measure somewhere between 130 and 164 and most probably between 140 and 150. Just a guess.

I don't know what IQ means and I'm not convinced that others know what it means. Richard Feynman scored 125 on his IQ test in HS (James Gleick mentions it in his book "Genius," which I do not recommend, btw). The fanatics about IQ postulate that he was so contemptuous of the test that he probably just picked a score and tried to get that score on the test. They postulate this based on no evidence other than the fact that they really believe in the correctness of IQ tests and can't accept the idea that someone truly brilliant would not do well on them. "He's got to be one of US!"

I'd be less skeptical of the idea of IQ ~ Intelligence, if it weren't for the fact that the subject is the realm of psychologists and political fanatics.