What I do not know is why so many smart people would ponder a hypothetical Matrix involving live people?
REP: Before I answer let us understand that the world is not Binary and hence the Matrix is also not like a typical simulation.
Smart people know that this understanding is crucial to their own existence...Every 10000 years a meteorite falls .. Every 100 years a new deadly disease reappears...
What if tomorrow a cross of Brid Flu and Aids appear with a longer dormant period.
What is the ultimate limit to the Lethal Smartness of death?And if the death is inevitable why are alive at the first place.Why not opt for a peaceful death instead of ruthless torture by rapists of soul.
==========================================
There are unfortunates in captivity that have a very different picture of reality. They somehow gave birth to that illusion. we can not take them back to where we think they should be.
REP:Illusion becomes real when some looses the job..:-))Who can provide you your kind of reality for ever? No one . Except you.
===========================================
Whoose Matrix do we seek? Drugs will do a better job on us than computers and waste us faster.
REP: You seek it or it seeks you. Drugs are not an answer for all seasons.
========================================
I respect all. I simply do not fathom how you expect to get the world living in a computer program, no matter what the name is. You all sound very profound never-the-less.
REP: Thanks but sadly Bill Gates can not give you this software .. nor can anyone .Except the Guru who can at best give you the clues to where you can find it.